Oracle Cloud Infrastructure

 Greetings, Oracle Cloud Infrastructure



Look, it's me, not you. You also need to give me some room right now. I'm not yet ready to commit on a deeper level, so no, not the space in your data centre. I need to maintain my options open, thus I need my own space, on my terms. Allow me to clarify.

I'm not prepared to live with you.

Why tinker with something that works so well already? You advised that we should continue having our meetings at my house, and it seems like only yesterday that I selected Oracle as my ERP system. I therefore made significant on-premises investments in equipment and infrastructure, fine-tuning the configuration to meet the precise requirements that function best for you.

I mean, I worked really hard on this connection, worrying day and night about whether I had the right hardware and internal knowledge to keep you going smoothly. But you're telling me now that it's time to move on from all of that and carry on with business at your place? Not in my opinion. I'm not the only one that has these feelings, either.

Indeed, nearly half of the organisations questioned (46.2%) that have internally deployed Oracle applications share my sentiments, according to a recent Rimini Street report on Why organisations are Rethinking their Oracle Relationship and Cloud Strategy. Despite your entreaties, I feel secure enough to remain in my own data centre because I just cannot think of a suitable excuse to depart. Perhaps we ought to have discussed this before I purchased all of my ostentatious equipment. But now that we're here, I'm not leaving.

I detest how you're trying to be everything to me; I don't appreciate being smothered. You provide infrastructure and support in addition to database and ERP solutions. It feels a little excessive and really draining. The thought of having an ERP system for my company handled by a single source used to excite me greatly. However, I've been in the IT industry for far too long, and I simply can't accept the possibility of lock-in that comes with your Oracle Cloud service options. As it happens, I'm not the only one in this viewpoint either.


73% of participants in the same Rimini Street poll said they are considering infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) providers outside Oracle, such Azure, AWS, and Google Cloud. Why? Businesses don't want to be dependent on just one organisation for everything, which is one of the main reasons. An imbalance in the connection is more likely to occur when one organisation is involved in every aspect of it. To be honest, I don't want you to be in charge and make all the decisions. If that were the case, I would suddenly be forced to follow your vendor-mandated roadmap and lose the ability to create my own IT roadmap based on my business needs. And I find that to be just too controlling. at this moment.

I doubt that you are the one.

Sincerely, I've been investigating different IaaS providers. I consider it more of an exploration of my possibilities than cheating. And the degree of open API connection that these other providers permit with their cloud architecture is something that has caught my attention. With this kind of feature, I could select some of the best tools for the job and have the flexibility to scale my infrastructure up or down based on demand.

You may be an expert in databases and software, but in terms of IaaS services, are you really at the top of the field, comparable to Azure, AWS, and Google Cloud? Perhaps one day you will reach that point, but for now, if I if I choose to migrate to the cloud, I want to do so at my own pace.


I struggle with trust.

Since trust is the foundation of a relationship, I find it difficult to trust you at the moment with regard to the infrastructure. Is it truly in my best interest to use the cloud in an off-peak manner in order to save money? Or are you trying to get me to sign a long-term hosting agreement so you can't let me go? All I'm concerned about is that you may be one of those suppliers that believe that pricing and scale should only go higher.

I want someone who I think has my best interests at heart to manage my ERP system when it comes to choosing which cloud hosting infrastructure to use.

heart, a reliable person for me. Someone like the industry leader in third-party enterprise software support services, Rimini Street. I'm confident that Rimini Street will provide me with an unbiased assessment to assist me in selecting the IaaS provider that best suits my requirements; they'll even assist me in estimating the possible maintenance savings.


Just be buddies, please.

I'm not prepared to advance our connection at this time. Even though I still appreciate your programme, I'm not delusional about it. I will continue to see you, but only on my own schedule. I'm hoping you'll be able to appreciate and comprehend my personal boundaries.


Get additional content: For comprehensive information, research, and insights to assist you in creating the best IT strategy for your company and reassessing your our hub for thought leadership, Street Wise: our support and services model.

Please get in touch with us right now to find out more about how Rimini Street can simplify and combine your various support requirements!

Post a Comment

0 Comments